Job Position : Research Officer
Organisation : Doctors For You (DFY) - India & The Lancet Commission on Global Surgery – India
Vacancy for Research Officer : The Lancet Commission on Global Surgery and Doctors For You wishes to appoint a Research Officer for the project at Patna, Bihar. The Implementation of the Lancet Commission on Global Surgery -India (i-LCoGS-India) has a joint project with 7 centres in India with Doctors For You as one of the implementing partner at Mumbai, Maharashtra and Patna, Bihar.
No. of Positions : 02
Location: Patna, Bihar
Remuneration CTC :Annual Salary (CTC) will commensurate with the available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
Joining date : Immediate after selection
The roles and responsibilities of the Research Officer :
- Identify, conceptualize and design framework for research projects. Manage, Analyses and conduct research activities planned under project. Assist the Lancet Commissioner- India and Project In-charge in strategic decision making in relation to the program goals and objectives.
- Undertake scientific writing (papers and reports) for publication and dissemination based on available relevant data
- Monitor the execution of program goals, undertake documentation and quarterly reporting including securing necessary authorizations needed for the same.
- Assist with planning, conducting and documenting workshops, including trainings, and other meetings as needed. Network and reach out to relevant experts and stakeholders as needed.
- Any other task assigned by the Lancet India Commissioner, Project In-charge Bihar and Senior Research officer.
Qualifications : Masters in Public Health (with graduate degree in any health Discipline)/Health Administration.
Experience : Minimum 2‐5 years working experience in Research projects in the field of trauma or as independent researcher with some publications in known journals.
Essential Skills :
- Knowledge of Quantitative & Qualitative research methods and analysis.
- Experience and expertise in handling primary level data and large scale secondary level data (such as, NSS, NFHS, DLHS) would be preferred.
- Excellent organisational and administration skills. Good Analytical and Presentation Skill.
- Sound understanding of advocacy and policy. Ability to work well with a range of partners
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Proficiency in using computers. Knowledge of SPSS, MS Office-Word, Excel, PPT.
- Willingness to travel within India.
- High level of commitment and integrity and ability to work independently.